YUI Compressor 2.2.3 Javascript JSON minifying: "delete" > delete

  • Jurriaan Persyn
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 31, 2008
      Hey,

      I'm new to this group, so I hope this is the right place to report a
      little problem we had with YUI Compressor, 2.3.

      A javascript file that had a javascript object similar to this:

      {"delete":"bla"}

      was minified to

      {delete:"bla"}

      This resulted in parse errors for that file in (at least) Safari; I
      guess because 'delete' is a reserved keyword in Javascript.

      The problem was solved by renaming the delete key to something else,
      but maybe YUI Compressor shouldn't drop the quotes for keys that are
      keywords in the Javascript language?

      Thanks

      Peace,
      Jurriaan
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 31, 2008
        Can you file it in SourceForge? See:

        http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/articles/reportingbugs/

        That will help the development team to keep track of your bug and will
        ensure it gets solved. You don't even need to register

        Thanks

        > I'm new to this group, so I hope this is the right place to report a
        > little problem we had with YUI Compressor, 2.3.
        >
        > A javascript file that had a javascript object similar to this:
        >
        > {"delete":"bla"}
        >
        > was minified to
        >
        > {delete:"bla"}
        >
        > This resulted in parse errors for that file in (at least) Safari; I
        > guess because 'delete' is a reserved keyword in Javascript.
        >
        > The problem was solved by renaming the delete key to something else,
        > but maybe YUI Compressor shouldn't drop the quotes for keys that are
        > keywords in the Javascript language?
        >
        > Thanks
        >
        > Peace,
        > Jurriaan
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links
        >

        > --
        > 30/01/2008 20:51

      • Julien Lecomte
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 31, 2008

          This has already been fixed in version 2.3.1 of the compressor. No need to file it.

          Regards,

          Julien