Problem with zIndex and MenuBar

  • skinsfootball
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 31, 2008
      I am creating a menubar that I am trying to overlay on top of google
      maps. If I set the z-index in the css for the map div to -1, the
      menubar is over the map, and looks right, but I can't interact with
      the map. If I try setting the zIndex property like this for the
      menubar:

      var oMenuBar = new YAHOO.widget.MenuBar("topmenubar",{zIndex:99});

      it does not work. I can't see the menubar. If I position the map to
      start 25 pixels down, instead of 0,0 it works, but I prefer not to do
      it this way.

      Any Ideas how to get the menubar to float over the map div??

      I am new to this so I could be doing something simply wrong.

      thanks,

      Adam
    • Caridy PatiƱo Mayea
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 31, 2008
        Hello Adam,

        Post a working example, to see what we can do.

        Best Regards,
        Caridy (caridy at gmail.com)
        http://www.bubbling-library.com/

        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "skinsfootball"