How to keep YAHOO.widget.Menu open when item is selected?

  • Frank
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 30, 2008
      I built a menu for multiple selection by toggling the checked property
      of the menu items. Unfortunately I didn't find any event or function I
      could plug to, that indicates that the menu is closed.

      Whenever an item is selected, the menu closes. But for multiple
      selection that does not work. I want the menu to close only when a
      mouse click outside the menu is done.

      Anybody any hints?

      I found the beforeHideEvent from the module class, but I don't know
      exactly how it can help.
    • Todd Kloots
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 31, 2008
        Frank -

        Menu is not currently designed to support multiple selection. If you
        haven't already, you can file a feature request via SourceForge and
        I can look into adding support for multiple selection in a future
        release of Menu.

        - Todd

        Frank wrote:

        > I built a menu for multiple selection by toggling the checked property
        > of the menu items. Unfortunately I didn't find any event or function I
        > could plug to, that indicates that the menu is closed.
        >
        > Whenever an item is selected, the menu closes. But for multiple
        > selection that does not work. I want the menu to close only when a
        > mouse click outside the menu is done.
        >
        > Anybody any hints?
        >
        > I found the beforeHideEvent from the module class, but I don't know
        > exactly how it can help.

      • Frank
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 23, 2008
          > Frank -
          >
          > Menu is not currently designed to support multiple selection.

          Ok, let's say it like this: I implemented a multiple checked menu. I'm
          not looking at the selection, but rather toggle the check-state of the
          menuItem with every select.

          So let's say I'm not interested in any multiple anything, I just want
          to keep the menu open when an item is clicked.

          Any idea?

          Cheers,
          Frank