Shut down Chart before removal ?

  • tntnashtm123
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 23, 2008
      Hi

      To dynamically remove a chart how do I "shut it down" ? before I
      remove its parent div ?

      Thanks
      Tim
    • Josh Tynjala
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 23, 2008

        There’s no special way to “shut it down”. I think you’d be safe simply removing the div.

        Josh Tynjala

        Yahoo! Flash Platform

        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 24, 2008
          --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Josh Tynjala" <jtynjala@...>
          wrote:

          > There's no special way to "shut it down". I think you'd be safe simply
          > removing the div.
          >

          > Josh Tynjala
          >
          > Yahoo! Flash Platform
          >

          > ________________________________

          I get the following from FireBug if I delete the parent div

          this._swf.setDataProvider is not a function
          _loadDataHandler("", Object results=[6] tId=9,
          undefined)charts-experiment... (line 878)
          handleResponse("", Document , function(), Chart yuigen5 _queue=[0]
          _events=Object _configs=Object, 9)datasource-beta-m... (line 8)
          DataSource(Object tId=9 status=200 statusText=OK)datasource-beta-m...
          (line 7)
          setProgId(Object conn=XMLHttpRequest tId=9, Object scope=DataSource
          instance0 timeout=0, undefined)connection-min.js (line 7)
          setProgId()connection-min.js (line 7)
          [Break on this error] this._swf.setDataProvider(dataProvider,
          styleChanged);

          regards
          Tim
        • Sanjiv Jivan
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 31 4:15 PM
            Same issue here. Removing the chart's DIV from the DOM directly results in the same error previously mentioned. Is there a workaround / solution for this?

            Thanks,
            Sanjiv

            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 31 4:33 PM

              I’ve added a simple destroy() function that kills all DataSource listeners and removes the SWF from the DOM, which seems to work fine. It should be available in the next version of YUI.

              Josh Tynjala
              Yahoo!

              target="_blank">ydn-javascript@ yahoogroups. com
              target="_blank">ydn-javascript@ yahoogroups. com] On Behalf Of tntnashtm123
              > Sent: Wednesday, January 23, 2008 2:21 AM
              > To:
              target="_blank">ydn-javascript@ yahoogroups. com
              > Subject: [ydn-javascript] Shut down
              class=st>Chart before removal ?

              > Hi
              >
              > To dynamically remove
              class=q> a chart how do I "shut it down" ? before I
              > remove
              class=q> its parent div ?

              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 31 10:37 PM
                Great, thanks. Any scheduled date for the next release?

                Sanjiv