RTE bold-italic incompatible with CSS Reset and CSS Base?

  • David P. Nesbitt
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 17, 2008
      If I create bold-italic text using the RTE, it creates the following
      markup:

      The problem is that the text only shows up as bold (i.e. the italic is
      lost).

      Firebug shows that the strong tag is picking up the "font-style:
      normal" property from the strong definition in the
      reset-font-grids.css file. This is taking precedence over the
      "font-style: italic" property from the em definition in the base.css file.

      Thoughts?
    • grahamullrich
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 5, 2008
        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "David P. Nesbitt"
        <david_p_nesbitt@...> wrote:

        > If I create bold-italic text using the RTE, it creates the following
        > markup:

        > The problem is that the text only shows up as bold (i.e. the italic is
        > lost).
        >
        > Firebug shows that the strong tag is picking up the "font-style:
        > normal" property from the strong definition in the
        > reset-font-grids.css file. This is taking precedence over the
        > "font-style: italic" property from the em definition in the base.css
        file.

        > Thoughts?

        David told me that Nate Koechley provided him with a solution. Here is
        Nate's code:

        em strong {
        font-weight: bold;
        font-style: italic;