RE: [ydn-javascript] Stacked Bar Charts?

  • Josh Tynjala
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 2, 2008

      Stacking is currently not supported. I will make sure there’s a feature request for it.

      Josh Tynjala

      Yahoo! Flash Platform

      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 3, 2008
        The connection class has a setForm method, however it has an issue with multiple checkboxes with the same name.

        For checkboxes the line the case statement reads:

        case 'checkbox':
              if(oElement.checked){
               this._sFormData += encodeURIComponent(oName) + '=' + encodeURIComponent(oValue) + '&';
              }
              break;

        but this only sends in the checkboxes that are checked and you lose information because you don't know which checkboxes are checked.  If you have five checkboxes with the name of "MyCheckbox" (or say with PHP, "MyCheckbox[]") and the 1st, 2nd and 5th choices are marked, you would get three "MyCheckbox=1" values in the query.  Now you've lost any notion of what values belong to what checkbox.  The better way would be:

        case 'checkbox':
              this._sFormData += encodeURIComponent(oName) + '=' + encodeURIComponent(oElement.checked) ? 1 : 0) + '&';
              break;

        Radio button should have its own case statement as it currently is:

        case 'radio':
             if(oElement.checked){
               this._sFormData += encodeURIComponent(oName) + '=' + encodeURIComponent(oValue) + '&';
              }
              break;

        Of course when radio buttons are named the same, only one can be selected so the value of that radio button is just passed along for the checked radio button.

        Additionally before the switch statement the type, if defined, should be set to lower case string, i.e.

        var type = oElement.type;
        if (type)
            type = oElement.type.toLowerCase();
        switch(type)
        {

        A clean copy of this function can be found at http://www.thzero.com/programming/yui/connection_setform.js

      • tssha
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 3, 2008
          --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Hollywood" <impulsegto@...> wrote:

          > The connection class has a setForm method, however it has an issue
          with multiple checkboxes with the same name.

          > For checkboxes the line the case statement reads:
          >
          > case 'checkbox':
          > if(oElement.checked){
          > this._sFormData += encodeURIComponent(oName) + '=' +
          encodeURIComponent(oValue) + '&';
          > }
          > break;
          >
          > but this only sends in the checkboxes that are checked and you lose
          information because you don't know which checkboxes are checked. If
          you have five checkboxes with the name of "MyCheckbox" (or say with
          PHP, "MyCheckbox[]") and the 1st, 2nd and 5th choices are marked, you
          would get three "MyCheckbox=1" values in the query. Now you've lost
          any notion of what values belong to what checkbox. The better way
          would be:

          With five checkboxes named MyCheckBox, the following result is
          returned via PHP's print_r when the first, second, and fifth
          checkboxes are enabled:

          [MyCheckBox] => Array ( [0] => selection1 [1] => selection2 [4] =>
          selection4 )

          If this is not the result you are seeing, please provide me with a
          functional example where the results differ and I will investigate
          further.

          Regards,
          Thomas
        • jercle
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 17, 2008
            It will be a good idea to support stacked chart !!
            thanks

            --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Josh Tynjala" <jtynjala@...>