Re: LinesCharts - Series color and markers

  • kdaws_karl
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 2, 2008
      --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Josh Tynjala" <jtynjala@...>
      wrote:

      > Karl, I added an empty style object to the second series, and it started
      > working for me. Definitely a bug.

      and the worst thing? I want to style the other series anyway. Cheers
      very much for your help. Look forward to future improvements on the
      charts, would be nice to be able to combine lines with bars, or to
      have the option of shading the area under the line.
    • Josh Tynjala
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 2, 2008

        You can build a combination chart with one series displaying lines and another with bars right now:

        See this example for implementation details:

        http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/charts/charts-datatable.html

        I will file a feature request for shading under a line (also known as an area chart).

        Josh Tynjala

        Yahoo! Flash Platform

        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 3, 2008
          wrote:

          > You can build a combination chart with one series displaying lines and
          > another with bars right now:
          >
          > See this example for implementation details:
          >
          > http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/charts/charts-datatable.html
          >
          > I will file a feature request for shading under a line (also known as an
          > area chart).
          >
          > Josh Tynjala
          >
          > Yahoo! Flash Platform

          Thanks, will take a look at that. What would also be really handy, is
          to be able to draw arbitrary lines on the plot, straight across i.e.
          @2000 on the Y, draw a Red line, across the width, @1500 draw a yellow
          line all the way. At the moment as far as I can see, I'd have to add
          another item to the series, for each X value - which seems rather
          wasteful of resources, especially as I'm going to be plotting a
          minimum of 288 points and have 2 real series and 4 fixed lines.

          Thanks,

          Karl