Re: [ydn-javascript] Servlet Examples

  • Peter Kiraly
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 2, 2008
      This is not a full example, just an extract from my
      codebase. The JS part is writen with Ext grid, not YUI.
      The Java part is based on Jakarta Struts.
      I hope it helps.

      Kiraly Peter
      http://www.tesuji.eu

      servlet:
      =======
      public class GetStatesAction extends Action {
      public ActionForward execute(ActionMapping mapping, ActionForm form,
      HttpServletRequest request, HttpServletResponse response) {
      GetStatesForm statesForm = (GetStatesForm) form;
      StringBuilder state = new StringBuilder();
      // collecting the state indormation
      //...
      statesForm.setStates(states);
      return mapping.getInputForward();

      JSP:
      ===
      <%@ page language="java" pageEncoding="UTF-8" %>
      <%@ taglib uri="http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/tags-bean" prefix="bean" %>
      <%@ taglib uri="http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/tags-logic" prefix="logic"
      %>

      <logic:empty name="getStatesForm" property="error">
      {success: true, response: <bean:write name="getStatesForm" property="states"
      filter="none" />}
      </logic:empty>

      <logic:notEmpty name="getStatesForm" property="error">
      {success: false, error: "<bean:write name="getStatesForm" property="error"
      />"}
      </logic:notEmpty>

      JavaScript:
      ==========
      function refreshState(b_showMessage) {
      var options = {
      url: GET_STATES_URL,
      method: "GET",
      success : function(form, action) {
      var states = action.result.response.states;
      // write out
      // ...
      },
      failure : function(form, action) {