get cell value of selected row in datatable. Help plzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!

  • manhtuanquan78
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 1, 2008
      Hi All.
      I want to setup a method:
           function getCellValueOfSelectedRow(colName){
                 //TODO : how to do it???

                 return cellValue
           }

      In that:
       -@parameter is: - colName: column Name
       - purpose of method: get value of cell in seleted row with column name
      For example: I have a datatable:
      COL1 |  COL2  |  COL3
      ---------------------
      aaa    |  bbb   |  ccc
      ddd  |  eee   |  fff
      ggg    |  hhh   |  kkk

      ( only second row is selected)
      If i call method: getCellValueOfSelectedRow("COL3") -> It will return "fff"

      How to setup this method??? Please help me. THank you!
    • manhtuanquan78
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 1, 2008
        OHHHH. I have done it successful :D. Thank all.
        HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY.

        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "manhtuanquan78"

        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 2, 2008
          //and code:
          function getValueCellOfSelectedRow(colName){
          var i, j, k, l, aRecords;
          var oPaginator = this.myDataTable.updatePaginator();

          // Paginator is enabled, show a subset of Records and update
          Paginator UI
          if(this.myDataTable.get("paginated")) {
          var rowsPerPage = oPaginator.rowsPerPage;
          var startRecordIndex = (oPaginator.currentPage - 1) *
          rowsPerPage;
          aRecords = this._oRecordSet.getRecords(startRecordIndex,
          rowsPerPage);
          this.formatPaginators();
          }
          // Show all records
          else {
          aRecords = this.myDataTable._oRecordSet.getRecords();
          }

          var elTbody = this.myDataTable._elTbody;
          var elRows = elTbody.rows;

          if(YAHOO.lang.isArray(aRecords) && (aRecords.length > 0)) {
          ///this.myDataTable.hideTableMessage();

          // Keep track of selected rows
          var indexRow = this.myDataTable.getSelectedRows();

          if(indexRow != null && indexRow != ""){
          elRow = this.myDataTable.getTrEl(parseInt(indexRow));

          //Kiem tra tat ca cac cot neu trung ten voi colName thi
          lay gia tri
          var keyIndex = 0;
          for(i=0; i<this.myDataTable._oColumnSet.keys.length; i++) {
          oColumn = this.myDataTable._oColumnSet.keys[i];
          var colKey = oColumn.getKey();

          if(colKey == colName){
          keyIndex = i;
          }//end if(colKey == colName)
          }//end for(i=0...

          var valCell = elRow.cells[keyIndex].innerHTML;
          alert(valCell);
          }//end if(indexRow != null)
          else{
          alert("No row is selected");
          }
          }//end if(YAHOO.lang.isArray(aRecords

          }

          <manhtuanquan78@...> wrote:

          > Hi All.
          > I want to setup a method:
          > function getCellValueOfSelectedRow(colName){
          > //TODO : how to do it???
          >
          > return cellValue
          > }
          >
          > In that:
          > -@parameter is: - colName: column Name
          > - purpose of method: get value of cell in seleted row with column name
          > For example: I have a datatable:
          > COL1 | COL2 | COL3
          > ---------------------
          > aaa | bbb | ccc
          > ddd | eee | fff
          > ggg | hhh | kkk
          >
          > ( only second row is selected)
          > If i call method: getCellValueOfSelectedRow("COL3") -> It will return
          > "fff"
          >
          > How to setup this method??? Please help me. THank you!

        • balaragunath
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 3, 2008

            How can i trigger the same function 'getValueCellOfSelectedRow' on the
            select of the row in datatable??

            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 4, 2008
              You can listen to rowSelectEvent:

              http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/docs/YAHOO.widget.DataTable.html#rowSelectEvent

              To read the value of any field within the row you just need to do something
              like this:

              myDataTable.subscribe('rowSelectEvent',function (oArgs) {
              alert(oArgs.record.getData('fieldName'));
              });

> [...]
              >> <manhtuanquan78@> wrote:
              >> >
              >> > Hi All.
              >> > I want to setup a method:
              >> > function getCellValueOfSelectedRow(colName){
              >> > //TODO : how to do it???
              >> >
              >> > return cellValue
              >> > }
              >> >
              >> > In that:
              >> > -@parameter is: - colName: column Name
              >> > - purpose of method: get value of cell in seleted row with
              > column name
              >> > For example: I have a datatable:
              >> > COL1 | COL2 | COL3
              >> > ---------------------
              >> > aaa | bbb | ccc
              >> > ddd | eee | fff
              >> > ggg | hhh | kkk
              >> >
              >> > ( only second row is selected)
              >> > If i call method: getCellValueOfSelectedRow("COL3") -> It will return
              >> > "fff"
              >> >
              >> > How to setup this method??? Please help me. THank you!

            • manhtuanquan78
              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 7, 2008
                Thank Satyam so much!

                Can i ask other problem: How I can come back page which have selected
                row on datatable ( Datatable is paginated )

                For example: I have a Datatable with 100 records. And its
                splited 5 pages (20 records per page). This is my description below

                Step1: I select one row (at any page) on datatable
                Step2: I click other page ( I don't select any row )
                Step3: I click button (that is outside datatable)
                I want that when i click button. It will come back page which have
                selected row.

                How to setup method on button?

                Thank you!