YUILoader problem with IE7 / Javascript

  • Alan Pinstein
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 1, 2008
      Someone pointed out a bug in one of my YUI examples on IE7. I can't
      quite figure out the problem and hope someone can help.

      You can see the example of the problem here:

      http://phocoa.com/webapp/examples/ajax/container/container

      Click the "PhocoaDialog" link, and I have a customized Panel subclass
      that uses Ajax to load the content, which is the same as this page:

      http://phocoa.com/webapp/examples/ajax/autocomplete/example

      The dynamically loaded content contains <script> tags that are
      executed to bootstrap the autocomplete objects.

      On IE7, I get an error complaining that the YAHOO.util.YUILoader()
      does not exist. It was already loaded by the "base" page, and worked
      fine there.

      Somehow there is a bug in IE7 where the YUILoader method is not
      available from the dynamically loaded content.

      I have done a bit of debugging to try to figure out what's going on,
      but I don't see it.

      Anyone have any idea what's going on?

      Thanks,
      Alan
    • mikeni1225
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 4, 2008
        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, Alan Pinstein <apinstein@...>
        wrote:

        > Someone pointed out a bug in one of my YUI examples on IE7. I can't
        > quite figure out the problem and hope someone can help.
        >
        > You can see the example of the problem here:
        >
        > http://phocoa.com/webapp/examples/ajax/container/container
        >
        > Click the "PhocoaDialog" link, and I have a customized Panel subclass
        > that uses Ajax to load the content, which is the same as this page:
        >
        > http://phocoa.com/webapp/examples/ajax/autocomplete/example
        >
        > The dynamically loaded content contains <script> tags that are
        > executed to bootstrap the autocomplete objects.
        >
        > On IE7, I get an error complaining that the YAHOO.util.YUILoader()
        > does not exist. It was already loaded by the "base" page, and worked
        > fine there.
        >
        > Somehow there is a bug in IE7 where the YUILoader method is not
        > available from the dynamically loaded content.
        >
        > I have done a bit of debugging to try to figure out what's going on,
        > but I don't see it.
        >
        > Anyone have any idea what's going on?
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Alan

        this is what venkman js debugger says for firefox
        Error ``PHOCOA.runtime.getObject("phocoaDialog") has no properties''
        [x-] in file
        ``http://phocoa.com/webapp/examples/ajax/container/container'', line
        1, character 0.
        Error ``TypeError: PHOCOA.runtime.getObject("phocoaDialog") has no
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 4, 2008
          Interesting... how did you set up venkman in your FF? I use firebug and firebug doesn't report any errors... I also downloaded the venkman extension for firefox and it doesn't report any errors either.

          Are you on a Mac or PC (I am on a mac)?

          Thanks,

          Alan