Re: [ydn-javascript] Dialog hidden on form submit, how to override the behaviour?

  • Alan Pinstein
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 1, 2008
      I you need more examples, I created my own Panel subclass to achieve this. Basically it's my own Dialog alternative... look at the code in:

      You can see it in action here:

      It's the one labeled PhocoaDialog.

      Alan

      On Dec 31, 2007, at 10:31 AM, Nico Giraldi wrote:

      Jing Ceawlin ha scritto:

      > After digging into the source code, I think you can use the manual
      > mode, without losing the built in async functionality.
      > Watch this(from source code):
      > /**
      > * Executes a submit of the Dialog followed by a hide, if validation
      > * is successful.
      > * @method submit
      > */
      > submit: function () {
      > if (this.validate( )) {
      > this.beforeSubmitEv ent.fire( );
      > this.doSubmit( );
      > this.submitEvent. fire();
      > this.hide();
      > return true;
      > } else {
      > return false;
      > }
      > },
      >

      > All you need to do is to copy the submit code block, except the line
      > to do the hiding.
      > If you don't want to change the mode, I think you already know how to
      > override the submit function. The result is the same.
      >
      > Hope this helps.
      >

      > I will try soon ! thanks for help!
      >

      > .

    • Hollywood
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 1, 2008
        FYI, "Out of Memory at line: 10" errors in IE7.

        Jing Ceawlin ha scritto:

        > After digging into the source code, I think you can use the manual
        > mode, without losing the built in async functionality.
        > Watch this(from source code):
        > /**
        > * Executes a submit of the Dialog followed by a hide, if validation
        > * is successful.
        > * @method submit
        > */
        > submit: function () {
        > if (this.validate( )) {
        > this.beforeSubmitEv ent.fire( );
        > this.doSubmit( );
        > this.submitEvent. fire();
        > this.hide();
        > return true;
        > } else {
        > return false;
        > }
        > },
        >

        > All you need to do is to copy the submit code block, except the line
        > to do the hiding.
        > If you don't want to change the mode, I think you already know how to
        > override the submit function. The result is the same.
        >
        > Hope this helps.
        >

        > I will try soon ! thanks for help!
        >

        > .

      • Alan Pinstein
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 1, 2008
          Huh, thanks! I get a "Object Expected" error, not an OOM, but thanks, I'll look into it!

          I hadn't seen that before. Looks like it's related to my use of YUILoader...

          Alan