Whether YUI Connection Manager is independent platform?

  • trancompany80
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 31, 2007
      Hi Everyone!

      I am a newcomer with YUI. I have a question:
      - YUI is run on client or server?
      On this code:
      <script>
      var transaction = YAHOO.util.Connect.asyncRequest('GET', sUrl,
      callback, null);
      </script>

      Assume that:
      - if sUrl = ".../content.php" then the html file that include this
      script must be on host support PHP, for example: Apache.
      - if sUrl = ".../content.asp" then the html file that include this
      script must be on host support ASP, for example: IIS.
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 1, 2008
        > I am a newcomer with YUI. I have a question:
        > - YUI is run on client or server?

        Client. Everything within <script> tags runs on the client. I think it is
        ASP handles a 'runat' attribute on <script> tags, but that is an extension
        of theirs, those pieces marked with runat="server" don't ever get to the
        client.

        Satyam

        > On this code:
        > <script>
        > var transaction = YAHOO.util.Connect.asyncRequest('GET', sUrl,
        > callback, null);
        > </script>
        >
        > Assume that:
        > - if sUrl = ".../content.php" then the html file that include this
        > script must be on host support PHP, for example: Apache.
        > - if sUrl = ".../content.asp" then the html file that include this
        > script must be on host support ASP, for example: IIS.

        Yes, that would normally be the case.