Re: YUI Treeview and ASP.Net Postback

  • Patrick Burrows
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 31, 2007
      Well, for posterity's sake:

      The TreeView control has no native means to persist the data inside of
      it. The ToString() method yields only the type name. There is no
      ToXml() method.

      I extended TreeView to create a ToXml() method (custom to my needs,
      certainly not very full featured). It walks the tree and creates an
      Xml string in the format of <node name="x"> where x is the .label of
      the TextNode. I did not have to handle html, custom attributes or
      other node types in my implementation.

      Once I had the Xml I just escaped it, put it into a hidden field, and
      posted back to the server (fairly straight forward).

      On Dec 30, 2007 11:24 PM, Patrick Burrows <pburrows@...> wrote:
      > I have implemented a page where users can create new items in the yui
      > treeview. They can dynamically add, remove and rename new nodes.
      >
      > Now I need to be able to "save" the users data back to the server.
      > When I post back the form (I am using ASP.Net) the <div> tag that the
      > treeview was created on is empty.
      >
      > How can I get this data back to the server?
      >
      > Thanks!

      Patrick Burrows
      http://www.CleverHumans.com