honoring attribution with yui compressor

  • the1bullet
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 31, 2007
      Another question about the yui compressor. I'd like to set it up so it
      automatically minifies all of my css and javascript when I migrate
      releases to production. But as I use a couple of open-source
      javascript files, I need to honor attribution for them. Since the
      attribution lives in the comments at the top of a file, I expect the
      compressor will remove them. Is there a way to make a particular
      comment "safe" from removal by the compressor? Something like this?

      /*! this comment is now safe !*/
    • gregjko
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 10, 2008
        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "the1bullet" <bob.ralian@...> wrote:

        > Another question about the yui compressor. I'd like to set it up so it
        > automatically minifies all of my css and javascript when I migrate
        > releases to production. But as I use a couple of open-source
        > javascript files, I need to honor attribution for them. Since the
        > attribution lives in the comments at the top of a file, I expect the
        > compressor will remove them. Is there a way to make a particular
        > comment "safe" from removal by the compressor? Something like this?
        >
        > /*! this comment is now safe !*/

        According to the YUIC release notes this feature was added in 2.3.3. However, it doesn't
        work. (http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?
        func=detail&aid=1969148&group_id=165715&atid=836476)

        I had a look at the source and would have expected to see some diff in CssCompressor.java
        for that version, but there was none.