Re: [ydn-javascript] Dialog hidden on form submit, how to override the behaviour?

  • Nico Giraldi
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 31, 2007
      Jing Ceawlin ha scritto:

      > From the documentation: "Forms can be processed in 3 ways -- via an
      > asynchronous Connection utility call, a simple form POST or GET, or
      > manually."
      > I think the manual mode will meet your need.
      >
      > .
      I am using async connection to send data and i would like to use the
      built in connection instead of set form submission to "manually" and
      then to creare a async connection to send data. I guess there is a
      better way for not hiding the dialog window. Thanks for help!
    • Jing Ceawlin
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 31, 2007
        After digging into the source code, I think you can use the manual mode, without losing the built in async functionality.
        Watch this(from source code):
        /**
        * Executes a submit of the Dialog followed by a hide, if validation
        * is successful.
        * @method submit
        */
        submit: function () {
        if (this.validate()) {
        this.beforeSubmitEvent.fire();
        this.doSubmit();
        this.submitEvent.fire();
        this.hide();
        return true;
        } else {
        return false;
        }
        },

        All you need to do is to copy the submit code block, except the line to do the hiding.
        If you don't want to change the mode, I think you already know how to override the submit function. The result is the same.

        Hope this helps.

        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 31, 2007
          Jing Ceawlin ha scritto:

          > After digging into the source code, I think you can use the manual
          > mode, without losing the built in async functionality.
          > Watch this(from source code):
          > /**
          > * Executes a submit of the Dialog followed by a hide, if validation
          > * is successful.
          > * @method submit
          > */
          > submit: function () {
          > if (this.validate()) {
          > this.beforeSubmitEvent.fire();
          > this.doSubmit();
          > this.submitEvent.fire();
          > this.hide();
          > return true;
          > } else {
          > return false;
          > }
          > },
          >

          > All you need to do is to copy the submit code block, except the line
          > to do the hiding.
          > If you don't want to change the mode, I think you already know how to
          > override the submit function. The result is the same.
          >
          > Hope this helps.

          > I will try soon ! thanks for help!
          >

          > .

        • Alan Pinstein
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 1, 2008
            I you need more examples, I created my own Panel subclass to achieve this. Basically it's my own Dialog alternative... look at the code in:

            You can see it in action here:

            It's the one labeled PhocoaDialog.

            Alan

            On Dec 31, 2007, at 10:31 AM, Nico Giraldi wrote:

            Jing Ceawlin ha scritto:

            > After digging into the source code, I think you can use the manual
            > mode, without losing the built in async functionality.
            > Watch this(from source code):
            > /**
            > * Executes a submit of the Dialog followed by a hide, if validation
            > * is successful.
            > * @method submit
            > */
            > submit: function () {
            > if (this.validate( )) {
            > this.beforeSubmitEv ent.fire( );
            > this.doSubmit( );
            > this.submitEvent. fire();
            > this.hide();
            > return true;
            > } else {
            > return false;
            > }
            > },
            >

            > All you need to do is to copy the submit code block, except the line
            > to do the hiding.
            > If you don't want to change the mode, I think you already know how to
            > override the submit function. The result is the same.
            >
            > Hope this helps.
            >

            > I will try soon ! thanks for help!
            >

            > .

          • Hollywood
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 1, 2008
              FYI, "Out of Memory at line: 10" errors in IE7.

              Jing Ceawlin ha scritto:

              > After digging into the source code, I think you can use the manual
              > mode, without losing the built in async functionality.
              > Watch this(from source code):
              > /**
              > * Executes a submit of the Dialog followed by a hide, if validation
              > * is successful.
              > * @method submit
              > */
              > submit: function () {
              > if (this.validate( )) {
              > this.beforeSubmitEv ent.fire( );
              > this.doSubmit( );
              > this.submitEvent. fire();
              > this.hide();
              > return true;
              > } else {
              > return false;
              > }
              > },
              >

              > All you need to do is to copy the submit code block, except the line
              > to do the hiding.
              > If you don't want to change the mode, I think you already know how to
              > override the submit function. The result is the same.
              >
              > Hope this helps.
              >

              > I will try soon ! thanks for help!
              >

              > .

            • Alan Pinstein
              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 1, 2008
                Huh, thanks! I get a "Object Expected" error, not an OOM, but thanks, I'll look into it!

                I hadn't seen that before. Looks like it's related to my use of YUILoader...

                Alan