Re: [ydn-javascript] Merge columns?

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 30, 2007
      The formatter is quite capable of doing what you want. You need to declare
      all the individual fields in the DataSource so that all of them get read but
      you don't declare them all in the column definitions of the DataTable, for
      the addresses, you simply declare a single column, if you want to display it
      that way. The key of that field does not need to be related to any of the
      fields in the DataSource, it can be related to one of them, but there is no
      need. In the formatter, amongst other arguments, you'll get a reference to
      the cell, which you are free to fill however you want, and a reference to
      the record containing all the fields read by the DataSource, whether they
      are lsited in the column definitions or not. With method getData() of the
      Record object, you can pick any field from that record. If the column key
      name corresponds to any of the field names of the DataSource, the value for
      that field will be available in the oData argument, otherwise, you just pick
      them all from the Record object. If you plan to use sorting, the field
      containing the multiple parts of the address will get sorted by the value of
      the field in the DataSource it is related to, you won't be able to sort that
      column by any other piece of data.