Re: [ydn-javascript] Datatable with 1 records data spanning 2 rows possible?

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 30, 2007
      There is no built-in functionality to do what you want. What some people
      have tried (or at least commented on this list that would try, I don't know
      if they succeeded) was to let the DataTable draw all the regular columns and
      ignore the big one. Then, in a custom formatter for any of the columns that
      do get drawn, you add code to add a <tr> below the current with a single
      the features of the DataTable for four of the columns and you handle the
      fifth.

      Otherwise, does that big chunk need to be visible at all times? Can it be
      shown as a tooltip on hovering over the record? Could you add a button or
      icon for the user to click and pop a small panel with it?