RE: [ydn-javascript] Re: IE vs. FF -> YAHOO.util.Event.onDOMReady / YAHOO.util.Event.addListener

  • Satyen Desai
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 27, 2007
      Hi Tom,

      As you state, onDOMReady should fire before window "load" by definition.

      However since onDOMReady is implemented in IE using a polling mechanism,
      I believe there is a small chance that window "load", which is handled
      instantly and does not depend on a polling mechanism, could fire just
      ahead of onDOMReady; during the "last" onDOMReady polling interval (this
      is based on my limited knowledge of Event's onDOMReady implementation).

      If you have a reproducible test case for when this happens, if you could
      file a bug on SourceForge for the issue with the test case, we can look
      into it further.

      Back to your application code:

      Is creating the dialog on window "load", just before you show it, not an
      acceptable solution? (Due to un-styled content being visible for longer?
      Delay introduced before show?).

      One part of your last post I didn't fully understand is where you say
      "depending on the server's postback" you want to show or not show the
      dialog. If you can provide a little detail as to how the information you
      need to make this decision is not available onDOMReady, but is available
      on window "load", it may point to alternate solutions also.

      Thanks,
      Satyen