Re: [ydn-javascript] button on cell

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 27, 2007
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "manhtuanquan78" <manhtuanquan78@...>
      To: <ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Thursday, December 27, 2007 2:42 AM
      Subject: [ydn-javascript] button on cell

      > Hi all. Please help me:
      > - how to display a button on cell of datatable? (I want to have a
      > textbox and button on same cell)

      There is no standard formatter that will draw both a textbox and a button on
      the same cell, you will have to setup your own formatter to do that. You
      can check the source datatable-beta.js for the standard formatters and take
      those as the basis for yours.

      > - how to display a checkbox or select box without click edit event on
      > cell (its mean: I can see check box or select box on datatable)

      There are several events you can listen to for each of these. There is
      buttonClickEvent, which works on <button> elements, not on <input
      type="button"> elements, there is checkboxClickEvent and, though not
      documented, there is dropdownChangeEvent. You don't need to asign any
      editors to the columns, if you draw active input controls with the
      formatters and listen to these events, you don't need the editors.

      Satyam