Connect.abort Does Not Clear Polling Interval

  • kylef81
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 14, 2006
      If you start an asyncRequest and then call Connect.abort, it does not
      appear to clear the polling setup for the window object (via
      handleReadyState). This can be seen in FF's JavaScript Console. An
      error is written on each polling interval stating that o.conn has no
      properties. So, it then just continues to try to access
      o.conn.readyState even though the o.conn object has been cleared. I
      just added an extra if statement in handleReadyState in connection.js
      (line 204) to check for this.

      if(!o.conn) {
      window.clearInterval(poll);
      } else if(o.conn.readyState==4) {......

      Not sure if that's the right place for that or not. But, it seems to
      have fixed the problem.

      Kyle
    • Thomas S. Sha
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 14, 2006
        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "kylef81" <kylef81@...> wrote:

        > If you start an asyncRequest and then call Connect.abort, it does not
        > appear to clear the polling setup for the window object (via
        > handleReadyState). This can be seen in FF's JavaScript Console. An
        > error is written on each polling interval stating that o.conn has no
        > properties. So, it then just continues to try to access
        > o.conn.readyState even though the o.conn object has been cleared. I
        > just added an extra if statement in handleReadyState in connection.js
        > (line 204) to check for this.
        >
        > if(!o.conn) {
        > window.clearInterval(poll);
        > } else if(o.conn.readyState==4) {......

        Thanks for posting this, Kyle. A fix will be incorporated into the
        next build.

        Regards,
        Thomas