Re: [ydn-javascript] Re: Announcing YUI 2.4.0 - History Manager in IE

  • Eric Miraglia
    Message 1 of 19 , Dec 21, 2007
      Katya,

      If the new markup isn't solving the issue for you as we'd expected, please provide as concise a repro case as you can and file a bug in SourceForge -- we'd certainly be interested in looking into that.

      Regards,
      Eric

      Eric Miraglia
      Yahoo! User Interface Library

      On Dec 20, 2007, at 12:01 PM, parallel_galaxy wrote:

      --- In ydn-javascript@ yahoogroups. com, georgiann puckett
      <gpuckett@.. .> wrote:

      > The YUI team has posted a new release today. YUI 2.4.0
      > <http://yuiblog. com/blog/ 2007/12/04/ yuii-240/> is now available for
      > download <http://developer. yahoo.com/ yui/download/>.
      >
      > The 2.4.0 release adds 5 new components to the YUI Library:
      >
      > . *Charts: *a hybrid JavaScript/Flash component that supports rendering
      > of bar, line, or pie charts based on data obtained through the
      > DataSource Utility.
      > . *Selector Utility: * a CSS query engine that implements much of the
      > CSS Selector syntax as defined by the W3C including the proposed CSS3
      > Selector extensions.
      > . *JSON Utility:* A JSON parse and stringify utility based on Douglas
      > Crockford's public-domain implementation.
      > . *Get Utility:* provides the capability to dynamically add script
      nodes
      > and CSS link nodes to a page, load JavaScript and CSS on an as-needed
      > basis, and execute proxyless web-services calls when retrieving JSON
      data.
      > . *Profiler: *a utility that profiles specified code providing
      > programmatic retrieval of the profiling data while the application is
      > running.
      >
      > In addition to these new components, there are many enhancements and
      bug
      > fixes included in a number of the existing library components. Please
      > refer to the README files included with the components that you use in
      > your development for the full details of the changes and bug fixes that
      > were made, or to the README digest attached for a summary of all of the
      > 2.4.0 changes. You will also find updated documentation
      corresponding to
      > the new release on the YUI Website. <http://developer. yahoo.com/ yui/>
      >
      > As we provide this update, we would also like to thank all of
      members of
      > the YUI community for the bug reports, patches, and feature requests
      > that have been submitted to the YUI tracker components in Source Forge.
      > The attached list summarizes all of the entries that have been resolved
      > in the YUI 2.4.0 release. We greatly appreciate your participation in
      > the continued enhancement of YUI and look forward to receiving your
      > feedback as you integrate the new release into your products,
      > YDN-javascript@ yahoogroups. com continues to be the preferred forum for
      > general comments and questions. If you find a bug, please log the
      > details and provide sample code in the YUI bug tracker on Source Forge
      > <http://developer. yahoo.com/ yui/articles/ reportingbugs/>.
      >
      > Best regards,
      > george puckett
      > on behalf of the YUI development team: Adam Moore, Dav Glass, Eric
      > Miraglia, Jenny Han Donnelly, Luke Smith, Matt Sweeney, Nate Koechley,
      > Satyen Desai, Thomas Sha, and Todd Kloots; and contributers: Josh
      > Tynjala, Matt Mlinac, and Nicholas Zakas

      Regarding Browser History Manager. In the release notes, it says that
      IE had a tendency to "forget" part or all of the history when
      returning to a page and that new markup fixes that issue. However,
      it's still happening for me. Any suggestions on how to go about it?

      Thank you.
      ~Katya