Advice on how to do something with drag & drop...

  • bart_kelsey
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 22, 2006
      First of all, very impressive library. It's a joy to work with.

      At any rate, I'm trying to do the following with drag & drop:

      Essentially, I have page divided into 3 areas. I have a canvas, which
      starts out empty, a palette, which starts out with a number of images
      on it, and a trash can. The idea is that when you drag one of the
      images off the palette, you actually get a copy of that image, which
      you can then drop on the canvas. If you drop the image somewhere
      other than on the canvas, it should just disappear.

      You should be able to drag the images on the canvas around, and if you
      drag them off of the canvas, they should pop back onto the canvas in
      their original position. If you drag them into the trash area, they
      should be deleted.

      I hope that makes sense... Anyway, I was wondering if someone could
      give me some advice as to how to implement this.

      Thanks,
      Bart