problem with my language unicode (Khmer Unicode)

  • Sorn Sunsocheth
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 17, 2007
      In my datatable field i have implemented incell editing and i want to
      type in my own language which is in unicode.

      Everything is fine in input box of cell editing and after clicking OK
      of the cell editing the cell of datatable also show my language
      characters. But when i refresh the page to get my data back from
      database my language character become សសេហthese unknown
      character.

      If i do submit form in normal way of HTML without YUI everything is
      OK. So is there anyway to solve this or do i have to configue anything
      more in YUI.

      Best wish
      Socheth
    • tssha
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 18, 2007
        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Sorn Sunsocheth"
        <khmersocheth@...> wrote:

        > In my datatable field i have implemented incell editing and i want to
        > type in my own language which is in unicode.
        >
        > Everything is fine in input box of cell editing and after clicking OK
        > of the cell editing the cell of datatable also show my language
        > characters. But when i refresh the page to get my data back from
        > database my language character become សសេហthese unknown
        > character.
        >
        > If i do submit form in normal way of HTML without YUI everything is
        > OK. So is there anyway to solve this or do i have to configue anything
        > more in YUI.

        A couple of questions:

        1) When the data are sent to the backend application, are you
        expecting UTF-8 or is there any transcoding prior to the DB transaction?

        2) What is the server response's Content-Type value?

        Regards,
        Thomas
      • Socheth Sorn Sun
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 19, 2007
          Hi Thomas,

          Now i have fix the problem but one more problem arrist. I have solve it by convert unicode to  the equivalent HTML format before i sent it to the server. When i get it back from the server to display on datatable it display ok on cell  but i click to edit it on incell editing show the HTML format instead of my language character something like &#6047;&#6026;&#6032;&#6047;&#6026;&#6032;.

          So is there a way to show my unicode character beside these numbers?

          Best wish

          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 19, 2007
            --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, Socheth Sorn Sun
            <khmersocheth@...> wrote:

            > Hi Thomas,
            >
            > Now i have fix the problem but one more problem arrist. I have solve
            it by convert unicode to the equivalent HTML format before i sent it
            to the server. When i get it back from the server to display on
            datatable it display ok on cell but i click to edit it on incell
            editing show the HTML format instead of my language character
            something like សដថសដថ.

            Try changing the entity:

            Example:
            ស to \u179F
            ដ to \u178A
            ថ to \u1790

            "\u179F\u178A\u1790\" will display as "SA DA THA" in an HTML text input.

            Regards,
            Thomas
          • Socheth Sorn Sun
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 20, 2007
              Thanks you Thomas
              Now it work.

              > Now i have fix the problem but one more problem arrist. I have solve
              it by convert unicode to the equivalent HTML format before i sent it
              to the server. When i get it back from the server to display on
              datatable it display ok on cell but i click to edit it on incell
              editing show the HTML format instead of my language character
              something like &#6047;&#6026; &#6032;&# 6047;&#6026; &#6032;.

              Try changing the entity:

              Example:
              &#6047; to \u179F
              &#6026; to \u178A
              &#6032; to \u1790

              "\u179F\u178A\ u1790\" will display as "SA DA THA" in an HTML text input.

              Regards,
              Thomas

            • Calvin
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 2, 2008
                I was facing a similar problem with the rich text editor control with
                foreign characters. In my CMS, the data is fetched and displayed
                through the YUI datasource control, and that works fine, but when
                displaying the data directly via PHP, it was giving me those funny
                characters similar to what you were experiencing.

                I know that Thomas already helped you find a solution to the problem,
                but I just wanted to post an alternate solution which may be simpler
                to implement. Basically, when you pull the data from the database
                using PHP, just use utf8_decode() (see:
                http://us2.php.net/manual/en/function.utf8-decode.php) to decode the
                string before you display it on the page.

                so my PHP solution basically looks something like this:
                $qid = mysql_query($query);
                if ($res = mysql_fetch_object($qid)) {
                print(utf8_decode($res->content));
                }