Re: [ydn-javascript] choosing YUI

  • tazio mirandola
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 3, 2007
      EXTJS is a fantastic library but for seasoned developers knowing lot
      of javascript and with solid experience in general programming, i'm
      not sure it is the best choice for a beginner to learn.
      YUI can be very advanced too, but has a more comprehensive
      documentation and step by step examples that helps a lot and has a
      fantastic comunity ;)
      so my choice, being admittedly not a so advanced programmer, is YUI:
      strange answer in YUI support mailing list, isn't it?
      being completly frank with you, a good book should be the obvious
      starting point for every beginners in every programming language and
      js not simpler than others.

      good luck

      On Dec 3, 2007 10:21 AM, james_027 <james_027@...> wrote:
      > hi
      >
      > I am a javascript beginner and trying to choose between YUI and EXTJS.
      > I know that EXTJS comes from YUI, while I taking a look and comparing
      > that their sample grid widget, EXTJS Grid seems to provide more
      > features. Is the YUI Data table sample page not updated?
      >
      > Thanks
      > james

      blog: http://devsmt.blogspot.com
      denial is the most predictable of human responses