autocomplete and ie layout

  • hcvitto
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 3, 2007
      hi
      i'm using the YUI autocomplete for the first time.
      it works fine but i got two problems with ie!

      First: on choosing an option from the dropdown a function is called
      via a jquery script. Users can use mouse (the trigger event is
      'click') or tabs and return key (the trigger event is 'keydown'). It
      works fine in firefox but in ie I must 'keydown' twice to trigger the
      event.

      Second: in ie the dropdown options are twice as high as they should
      be. Why? i know it's a css problem but i modified everything i could
      with no result.

      If anyone has ideas about that or need any clue i can post the address
      of the page.

      Many thanks in advance

      Vitto
    • Gopal Venkatesan
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 3, 2007
        On Mon, Dec 03, 2007 at 05:53:59PM -0000, hcvitto wrote:
        > hi
        > i'm using the YUI autocomplete for the first time.
        > it works fine but i got two problems with ie!
        >
        > First: on choosing an option from the dropdown a function is called
        > via a jquery script. Users can use mouse (the trigger event is
        > 'click') or tabs and return key (the trigger event is 'keydown'). It
        > works fine in firefox but in ie I must 'keydown' twice to trigger the
        > event.
        >
        > Second: in ie the dropdown options are twice as high as they should
        > be. Why? i know it's a css problem but i modified everything i could
        > with no result.
        >
        > If anyone has ideas about that or need any clue i can post the address
        > of the page.

        Can you post the link to the page?

        Also, if the problem is related to jQuery, this is not the right list.

        http://docs.jquery.com/Discussion

        --
        Gopal Venkatesan

        http://gopalarathnam.com/weblog/
      • hcvitto
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 4, 2007
          --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, Gopal Venkatesan <gopal@...> wrote:

          > On Mon, Dec 03, 2007 at 05:53:59PM -0000, hcvitto wrote:
          > > hi
          > > i'm using the YUI autocomplete for the first time.
          > > it works fine but i got two problems with ie!
          > >
          > > First: on choosing an option from the dropdown a function is called
          > > via a jquery script. Users can use mouse (the trigger event is
          > > 'click') or tabs and return key (the trigger event is 'keydown'). It
          > > works fine in firefox but in ie I must 'keydown' twice to trigger the
          > > event.
          > >
          > > Second: in ie the dropdown options are twice as high as they should
          > > be. Why? i know it's a css problem but i modified everything i could
          > > with no result.
          > >
          > > If anyone has ideas about that or need any clue i can post the address
          > > of the page.
          > >

          > Can you post the link to the page?
          >
          > Also, if the problem is related to jQuery, this is not the right list.
          >
          > http://docs.jquery.com/Discussion
          >
          > --
          > Gopal Venkatesan
          >
          > http://gopalarathnam.com/weblog/

          Hi
          the page i'm talking about is

          http://office.azero.it/aidp.it/registrazioni/registrati.php

          (i'm sorry but it's italina only)If you choose between the Italia /
          Estero radio button some new input fields will appear. "Ricerca la
          località" is the autocomplete. Check them n ie..for the issues.

          I'm not sure the problem is strictly related with jquery, and maybe
          not even to the autocomplete but it's between the two!!

          vitto