Error: Failed in IE

  • jcar300tdi
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 3, 2007

      I have developed a web using YUI API and Google Maps API.

      There's a measure tool (areas and lengths) that produces an error when
      the browser is IE. All is ok in other browser (FF, Opera and Safari).
      The message error is "Error: Failed", and it's produced when put two or
      more marks in the map. If I move the mouse pointer over marks or lines,
      the browser shows that error, produced in
      http://www.google.com/intl/es_ALL/mapfiles/93/maps2.api/main.js, at
      line 238.

      If I don't make reference to utilities.js (YAHOO API), the error
      doesn't exist, but any control inside panels disappears (text box,
      combo, ...).

      Any idea about this error and the reason produces it? Thanks in advance.

      Juan Carlos
    • tssha
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 3, 2007
        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "jcar300tdi" <jcar300tdi@...>
        wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > I have developed a web using YUI API and Google Maps API.
        >
        > There's a measure tool (areas and lengths) that produces an error when
        > the browser is IE. All is ok in other browser (FF, Opera and Safari).
        > The message error is "Error: Failed", and it's produced when put two or
        > more marks in the map. If I move the mouse pointer over marks or lines,
        > the browser shows that error, produced in
        > http://www.google.com/intl/es_ALL/mapfiles/93/maps2.api/main.js, at
        > line 238.
        >
        > If I don't make reference to utilities.js (YAHOO API), the error
        > doesn't exist, but any control inside panels disappears (text box,
        > combo, ...).
        >
        > Any idea about this error and the reason produces it? Thanks in advance.

        Your issue seems similar to this reported bug:
        http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1840042&group_id=165715&atid=836476
        . As soon as I have a bit more information to report, I'll update
        the bug.

        Which specific YUI utilities are you using within utilities.js?

        Regards,
        Thomas
      • jcar300tdi
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 4, 2007
          --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "tssha" <tsha@...> wrote:

          > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "jcar300tdi" <jcar300tdi@>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi,
          > >
          > > I have developed a web using YUI API and Google Maps API.
          > >
          > > There's a measure tool (areas and lengths) that produces an error
          when
          > > the browser is IE. All is ok in other browser (FF, Opera and
          Safari).
          > > The message error is "Error: Failed", and it's produced when put
          two or
          > > more marks in the map. If I move the mouse pointer over marks or
          lines,
          > > the browser shows that error, produced in
          > > http://www.google.com/intl/es_ALL/mapfiles/93/maps2.api/main.js,
          at
          > > line 238.
          > >
          > > If I don't make reference to utilities.js (YAHOO API), the error
          > > doesn't exist, but any control inside panels disappears (text
          box,
          > > combo, ...).
          > >
          > > Any idea about this error and the reason produces it? Thanks in
          advance.

          > Your issue seems similar to this reported bug:
          > http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?
          func=detail&aid=1840042&group_id=165715&atid=836476
          > . As soon as I have a bit more information to report, I'll update
          > the bug.
          >
          > Which specific YUI utilities are you using within utilities.js?
          >
          > Regards,
          > Thomas

          Hi Thomas,

          I'm using Panel, Tabview and Treeview. The included files are:

          yahoo-dom-event.js
          element-beta-debug.js
          container.js
          tabview.js
          treeview.js

          Other problem: not including utilities.js produces that any control
          inside panels disappear...

          Regards.
        • jcar300tdi
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 4, 2007
            wrote:

            > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "tssha" <tsha@> wrote:
            > >
            > > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "jcar300tdi" <jcar300tdi@>
            > > wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Hi,
            > > >
            > > > I have developed a web using YUI API and Google Maps API.
            > > >
            > > > There's a measure tool (areas and lengths) that produces an
            error
            > when
            > > > the browser is IE. All is ok in other browser (FF, Opera and
            > Safari).
            > > > The message error is "Error: Failed", and it's produced when
            put
            > two or
            > > > more marks in the map. If I move the mouse pointer over marks
            or
            > lines,
            > > > the browser shows that error, produced in

            http://www.google.com/intl/es_ALL/mapfiles/93/maps2.api/main.js,
            > at
            > > > line 238.
            > > >
            > > > If I don't make reference to utilities.js (YAHOO API), the
            error
            > > > doesn't exist, but any control inside panels disappears (text
            > box,
            > > > combo, ...).
            > > >
            > > > Any idea about this error and the reason produces it? Thanks in
            > advance.
            > >
            > > Your issue seems similar to this reported bug:
            > > http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?
            > func=detail&aid=1840042&group_id=165715&atid=836476
            > > . As soon as I have a bit more information to report, I'll
            update
            > > the bug.
            > >
            > > Which specific YUI utilities are you using within utilities.js?
            > >
            > > Regards,
            > > Thomas
            > >

            > Hi Thomas,
            >
            > I'm using Panel, Tabview and Treeview. The included files are:
            >
            > yahoo-dom-event.js
            > element-beta-debug.js
            > container.js
            > tabview.js
            > treeview.js
            >
            > Other problem: not including utilities.js produces that any control
            > inside panels disappear...
            >
            > Regards.

            Hi again,

            if I include only following files, yahoo-dom-event.js, element-
            beta.js and connection-min.js (of course container.js, tabview.js and
            treeview.js too) all is ok, but is impossible to drag & drop any
            panel, but the error "Failed" is not produced.

            Regards,

            Juan Carlos