choosing YUI

  • james_027
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 3, 2007
      hi

      I am a javascript beginner and trying to choose between YUI and EXTJS.
      I know that EXTJS comes from YUI, while I taking a look and comparing
      that their sample grid widget, EXTJS Grid seems to provide more
      features. Is the YUI Data table sample page not updated?

      Thanks
      james
    • tazio mirandola
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 3, 2007
        EXTJS is a fantastic library but for seasoned developers knowing lot
        of javascript and with solid experience in general programming, i'm
        not sure it is the best choice for a beginner to learn.
        YUI can be very advanced too, but has a more comprehensive
        documentation and step by step examples that helps a lot and has a
        fantastic comunity ;)
        so my choice, being admittedly not a so advanced programmer, is YUI:
        strange answer in YUI support mailing list, isn't it?
        being completly frank with you, a good book should be the obvious
        starting point for every beginners in every programming language and
        js not simpler than others.

        good luck

        On Dec 3, 2007 10:21 AM, james_027 <james_027@...> wrote:
        > hi
        >
        > I am a javascript beginner and trying to choose between YUI and EXTJS.
        > I know that EXTJS comes from YUI, while I taking a look and comparing
        > that their sample grid widget, EXTJS Grid seems to provide more
        > features. Is the YUI Data table sample page not updated?
        >
        > Thanks
        > james

        blog: http://devsmt.blogspot.com
        denial is the most predictable of human responses