Re: DataTable : How to get data in js array

  • Ryan V. Bayona
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 2, 2007
      --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Ryan V. Bayona" <r2b2_ry@...>
      wrote:

      > Hi,
      > i've been following the basic examples in using the DataTable. So far
      > so good, i have the following questions by the way. Hope the gurus
      > here can enlighten me . :)
      >
      > 1. How can i get the data in the js array once i clicked on the Row?
      > on the examples,it says:
      >
      > myDataTable.subscribe("rowClickEvent",
      > myDataTable.onEventSelectRow);
      >
      > My goal is get the contents of this row in the Datasource..
      >
      > 2. How can i delete or remove items in the datasource?
      > For example, i have a multi-select row in my table and i have a
      > button "delete selected items" which when clicked will delete the
      > selection from the table, and the datasource.
      >
      > 3. How can i submit the DataSource to the server so i can process it
      > on the server side..( im using PHP,, just the submit method will do i
      > can view it on PHP anyway)
      >
      > Thats it for now.. thank you so much!
      >
      > -Ryan

      working for me :
      //if clicked, it will delete the selected rows

      function deleteItem()
      {

      myDataTable.deleteRows(myDataTable.getSelectedRows);

      }

      its not doing anything at all.. is there something i did wrong?
    • jennykhan
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 4, 2007
        Hi Ryan,

        That should probably be:

        myDataTable.deleteRows(myDataTable.getSelectedRows());

        Check out this blog article for a good background on working with
        DataTable for round trips to your server:

        http://yuiblog.com/blog/2007/09/26/satyam-datatable-2/

        Regards,
        Jenny