Re: Container Panel problems with latest yui in ie

  • andrewpmoore
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 1, 2007
      I'm having problems still even with IE 7 with the modal setting:
      see the page here:
      Link

      If you click on the ? it brings up some help, but on ie7 I'm getting the panel stuck behind the modal veil.
      It's probably just something silly I've done, but I can't work it out.

      The code that creates and shows the panel is:
      //showHelpPanel
      function showHelpPanel(item){

          var isModal = true;
          if (ie55check()=="true"){
              hideSelects();
              isModal = false;
          }

          YAHOO.namespace("ff.container");
          var help=document.getElementsByName("displayHelp");
          var helpId = item.id + ".message";
          var helpIdTitle = item.id + ".title";
          var helpText = document.getElementById(helpId).innerHTML;
          var helpTitle = document.getElementById(helpIdTitle).innerHTML;
          //note that modal = true doesn't work in ie 5.5 as the window is behind the veil
          helpPanel = new YAHOO.widget.Panel("panel1" , { width:"350px", visible:true,  close:true , fixedcenter: true, modal: isModal} );
          helpPanel.setHeader(helpTitle);
          helpPanel.setBody(helpText);
          helpPanel.setFooter("");
          helpPanel.render("container");
          if (ie55check()=="true"){
              //register event to fire on hide
              helpPanel.hideEvent.subscribe(showSelects);

      and viewing the source of the page in the link should show the html.

      Thanks
      Andrew