Re: YUI Event - Performance hit - CPU Usage 90% average in IE6

  • Caridy Patiño Mayea
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 30 9:04 PM
      Hello Achyuth, sorry for the delay, here is what I think:

      POLL_RETRY and POLL_INTERVAL both are used only before the onLoad event, I can't tell
      you exactly which is the impact of modifying them, but both values will create a
      verification cycle for onAvailable and onDOMReady methods in the YUI EVENT utility,
      mainly used to apply listeners and expand the DOM structure.

      Increasing these values will cause that some of the DOM element will be displayed on the
      page without the corresponding listeners for a while, and also some of the dynamic
      elements that need to be expanded (ex. YUI Menus from JS) will be rendered late, specially
      for high-speed clients. I've been testing the YUI framework and my Bubbling Extension in
      a real overloaded environment, and everything has worked fine without modifying those

      Now that I mention the listeners, I can tell you that too many listeners will have a serious
      impact in your application, specially in IE. So try to bubble up the events to decrease the
      number of listeners in your page.

      Best Regards,
      Caridy (caridy at gmail.com)