Re: Connection Manager responseXML

  • dvidluca
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 30, 2007
      Really sorry, I wasn't setting the header content type to text/xml.
      o.responseXML is now populated!
    • dvidluca
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 30, 2007
        I've still got issues though!

        in the RSS file there are a series of <item> nodes and each <item>
        has a series of child nodes such as <title> <description> and others.

        I can do:

        var items = root.getElementsByTagName("item");
        alert(items.length);

        and the alert says 26 so I'm getting he XML file, the o.responseXML
        property is populated and I can get nodes from it. But, if I do:

        var title = root.getElementsByTagName("item")[0].childNodes
        [0].nodeValue;
        alert(title);

        The alert says null. I can get the item nodes but I can't get the
        nodeValue of the first child of the first item node.

        Why is this?
      • dvidluca
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 30, 2007
          ok, I got it, using:

          var titles = root.getElementsByTagName("title");
          alert(titles[2].firstChild.nodeValue);

          Gives me the text from the third <title> node that I want :]

          thanks