Re: [ydn-javascript] Re: YUI external references?

  • Nate Koechley
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 28 2:43 PM
      Hi,

      Utilities.js is an aggregated file made up of a concatenation of all the individual utility files. Be definition, the various aggregated files are offered in minimized form only. To see unminimized versions, look at the individual files (which are offer unminimized, minimized, and in debug format).

      There is more information about which aggregate files are available (and what they each contain) at this link:

      Thanks,
      Nate

      On Nov 28, 2007, at 1:37 PM, carlosubuntu wrote:

      --- In ydn-javascript@ yahoogroups. com, "dunphey" <dunphey@... > wrote:

      > Less HTTP requests will absolutely make a big difference.
      >
      > Some YUI files are available concatenated "out of the box", and if
      > you're doing small web work, it should suffice. Also use Yahoo's CDN
      > if you're not using SSL:
      >
      > http://developer. yahoo.com/ yui/articles/ hosting/
      >
      > Julien Lecomte has written about how to use ANT to concatenate your
      > your files:
      >
      > http://www.julienle comte.net/ blog/2007/ 09/16/
      >
      > As for minification, you can look into his compressor:
      >
      > http://www.julienle comte.net/ blog/2007/ 09/24/
      >
      > For more info on performance see:
      >
      > http://developer. yahoo.com/ performance
      >
      > Hope this is helpful to you,
      > Ryan Dunphey
      >

      > --- In ydn-javascript@ yahoogroups. com, "carlosubuntu"
      > <carlosubuntu@ > wrote:
      > >

      > > I noticed in many of the YUI examples, there are numerous
      references to
      > > their external javascripts. In a production environment, would it
      > > increase performance to put embed all the javascript files used
      into
      > > one file and minify it? Has anyone tried this, even with other
      > > javascript libraries, and as a result, introduce any new bugs
      breaks in
      > > the system?
      > >
      > > Thanks

      Thanks was the info I needed. Let me ask you this.. Where can I find
      a version of the library where none of the files come compressed or
      minified? On the default download I got off of sourceforge the
      build/utilities. js file was minified, and I wanted to skim through
      it.