Data table css is ignored

  • yaron_ffff
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 27, 2007
      Hello everyone,

      I'm new in the YUI library, and I have
      a problem with the datatable.
      It is displayed without any styles.
      No borders or colors.
      I've tried it in IE7 and firefox.

      Anyone had this problem?

      Thank you
      yaron
    • Nate Koechley
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 27, 2007
        Hi yaron,

        Are you linking to the CSS file correctly?

        If you're trying to use the skin file, have you added the skin class somewhere above the table in your DOM tree?

        Do you have a URL we could look at to see the reproducible problem?

        Thanks,
        Nate

        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 2, 2007
          Thanks Nate,

          This is my HTML, the rest is in a .js file:

          <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0
          Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-
          transitional.dtd">
          <head>
          <title>Untitled Page</title>
          <!--CSS file (default YUI Sam Skin) -->
          <link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet"
          href="http://yui.yahooapis.com/2.3.1/build/datatable/assets/skins/sam/
          datatable.css">
          <!-- Dependencies -->
          <script type="text/javascript"
          src="http://yui.yahooapis.com/2.3.1/build/yahoo-dom-event/yahoo-dom-
          event.js"></script>
          <script type="text/javascript"
          src="http://yui.yahooapis.com/2.3.1/build/element/element-beta-
          min.js"></script>
          <script type="text/javascript"
          src="http://yui.yahooapis.com/2.3.1/build/datasource/datasource-beta-
          min.js"></script>
          <!-- OPTIONAL: External JSON parser from http://www.json.org/
          (enables JSON validation) -->
          <script type="text/javascript"
          src="http://www.json.org/json.js"></script>
          <!-- OPTIONAL: Connection (enables XHR) -->
          <script type="text/javascript"
          src="http://yui.yahooapis.com/2.3.1/build/connection/connection-
          min.js"></script>
          <!-- OPTIONAL: Drag Drop (enables resizeable columns) -->
          <script type="text/javascript"
          src="http://yui.yahooapis.com/2.3.1/build/dragdrop/dragdrop-
          min.js"></script>
          <!-- OPTIONAL: Calendar (enables calendar editors) -->
          <script type="text/javascript"
          src="http://yui.yahooapis.com/2.3.1/build/calendar/calendar-
          min.js"></script>
          <!-- Source files -->
          <script type="text/javascript"
          src="http://yui.yahooapis.com/2.3.1/build/datatable/datatable-beta-
          min.js"></script>

          <script type="text/javascript" src="./xmlUtils.js"></script>
          <script type="text/javascript"
          src="./DynamicDataTable.js"></script>
          </head>
          style="display:none">loading...</div>
          Stored query number: <input type="text" id="txtSQNO"
          value="2" />
          <input type="text" id="StartFrom" value="0" />
          <input type="button" value="Run" onclick="FillDataTable();" />
          <input type="button" value="Next 10 records"
          onclick="StartFrom.value += 10;FillDataTable();" />
          <hr />

          I hope it's not too long.

          Thanks again for the help,
          Yaron

          --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, Nate Koechley <natek@...>
          wrote:

          > Hi yaron,
          >
          > Are you linking to the CSS file correctly?
          >
          > If you're trying to use the skin file, have you added the skin
          class
          > somewhere above the table in your DOM tree?
          >
          > Do you have a URL we could look at to see the reproducible problem?
          >
          > Thanks,
          > Nate
          >

          > On Nov 27, 2007, at 12:27 PM, yaron_ffff wrote:
          >
          > > Hello everyone,
          > >
          > > I'm new in the YUI library, and I have
          > > a problem with the datatable.
          > > It is displayed without any styles.
          > > No borders or colors.
          > > I've tried it in IE7 and firefox.
          > >
          > > Anyone had this problem?
          > >
          > > Thank you
          > > yaron

        • Adam Moore
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 3, 2007
            Yaron, you need to apply the "yui-skin-sam" css class to the
            body tag:

            http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/articles/skinning/

            -Adam
          • yaron_ffff