DataTable styling differences in Firefox and IE

  • HoserMage
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 2, 2007
      Hi, I'm noticing some slight styling differences between firefox and
      IE, using the basic SAM skins with DataTable. In Firefox, the
      datatable act as a regular table: the column is only as wide as
      needed, and the table is only as wide as needed. However, in IE (IE6
      for me), the columns are forced to equal width and the table itself
      are forced to 100% width.

      This create some unexpected problems because forcing the columns to
      have equal width makes the display ugly. Even with the column set to
      resizeable=true, IE6 totally ignores it. Also, want to display two
      small datatable side by side, I'm forced to assign a hard width number
      or percentage to avoid the use of <table> tags, and with that, I'm
      just making a compromise to have less-than-perfect display on both
      browser.

      Am I missing something or is resizeable not supported for IE6?
    • HoserMage
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 2, 2007
        Oops, forget about the part resizeable not work in IE6. It works, but
        with some problems. My column label was wrapping into 2 lines, and
        the resizeable detection only worked on the bottom corners of the cells.

        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "HoserMage" <david@...> wrote:

        > Hi, I'm noticing some slight styling differences between firefox and
        > IE, using the basic SAM skins with DataTable. In Firefox, the
        > datatable act as a regular table: the column is only as wide as
        > needed, and the table is only as wide as needed. However, in IE (IE6
        > for me), the columns are forced to equal width and the table itself
        > are forced to 100% width.
        >
        > This create some unexpected problems because forcing the columns to
        > have equal width makes the display ugly. Even with the column set to
        > resizeable=true, IE6 totally ignores it. Also, want to display two
        > small datatable side by side, I'm forced to assign a hard width number
        > or percentage to avoid the use of <table> tags, and with that, I'm
        > just making a compromise to have less-than-perfect display on both
        > browser.
        >
        > Am I missing something or is resizeable not supported for IE6?

      • Eric Miraglia
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 5, 2007
          HoserMage,

          The best way to track this kind of report is to file it as a bug in SourceForge.  Instructions for doing that are here:

          Regards,
          Eric

          Eric Miraglia
          Yahoo! User Interface Library