slider css background images

  • freyfogle
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 1, 2007
      Hi

      is there anyway to set slider images other than as css background images?

      Here's my specific problem: I have a div that is 'hidden' from the
      user (actually height:0). The div is presented to the user via a YUI
      animation (height is animated to full size) when he or she clicks on a
      link.

      I have a YUI slider inside the hidden div. As usual, all works well in
      firefox, but in MSIE (6 and 7) the background images of the slider are
      not hidden.

      As always all help is very much appreciated.

      I'm happy to paypal anyone a reasonable sum for a working solution (I
      can also provide a login to see a working example)

      thanks,
      Ed
    • y_lsmith
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 1, 2007
        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "freyfogle" <edf@...> wrote:

        > Hi
        >
        > is there anyway to set slider images other than as css background
        images?

        > Here's my specific problem: I have a div that is 'hidden' from the
        > user (actually height:0). The div is presented to the user via a YUI
        > animation (height is animated to full size) when he or she clicks on a
        > link.
        >
        > I have a YUI slider inside the hidden div. As usual, all works well in
        > firefox, but in MSIE (6 and 7) the background images of the slider are
        > not hidden.
        >
        > As always all help is very much appreciated.
        >
        > I'm happy to paypal anyone a reasonable sum for a working solution (I
        > can also provide a login to see a working example)
        >
        > thanks,
        > Ed

        Ed,

        Try applying position: relative on the element with the 0 height.

        Hope this helps,
        Luke
      • freyfogle
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 2, 2007
          It worked. brilliant.

          first pint's on me next time you're in London.

          thanks for the help man

          Ed