Re: [ydn-javascript] Change Calendar Position Programmatically?

  • Eric Miraglia
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 1, 2007
      Joe,

      The YUI Panel Control (and others in the Container Family) have a "fixedcenter" configuration property.  Your best bet here is to create your calendar inside a Panel and set the fixedcenter configuration to true (it's false by default).

      Here's an example of that:

      Eric Miraglia
      Yahoo! User Interface Library

      On Nov 1, 2007, at 8:43 AM, aokjoey wrote:

      Title says it all: I want to position the calender in the center of
      the viewport regardless of the page's scroll position.

      Any pointers are appreciated, the API isn't obvious about this.
      Thanks!
      Joe

    • Timothy Lynn
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 1, 2007
        On a similar note, are there any examples of having the calendar
        intelligently position itself so that it doesn't appear off-screen?
        For instance, if I have a calendar icon positioned on the right side
        of the page, clicking it might make the calendar appear off to the
        right, making the viewport expand to accommodate it. I'm looking for
        something reuseable so that the same calendar code can be used on any
        page, regardless of where the icon is.

        Thanks,
        Tim

        --
        Tim
      • Eric Miraglia
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 1, 2007
          Tim,

          The version I linked to below will take care of that for you.  Just delete the fixedcenter configuration and add a constraintoviewport configuration (set to true) for the Panel instance in which the Calendar instance lives.

          You can then use the context element positioning featured in Panel to position the panel exactly where you want it relative to a context element but intelligently move it back into the viewport if the default position has it clipped.

          --
          Tim