Menu wrapping issue

  • grim_coder
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 1, 2007
      I'm creating a menu following this <a
      href="http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/menu/topnavfrommarkupwithanim.html">this</a>
      example from the yahoo page - which works well except that I have a
      number of menu items that wrap onto the next line.
      When one of the menu items on the top is selected, it opens a list of
      submenu items. When the mouse is moved over one of these, if it
      happens to be on top of a menu item on the bottom row, the focus moves
      on to the menu item on the bottom row. (did i explain that clearly?)

      Anyway, does anyone know how to prevent the selected menu item list
      from losing focus in this case?

      Any help would be appreciated!! Thanks!
    • grim_coder
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 1, 2007
        Or, does anyone know how to enable a 'nowrap' or 'keep on one row' option?

        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "grim_coder"

        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 1, 2007
          Or, does anyone know how to enable a "nowrap" or "keep menu items on

          <dariusjokilehto@...> wrote:

          > I'm creating a menu following this <a

          href="http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/menu/topnavfrommarkupwithanim.html">this</a>
          > example from the yahoo page - which works well except that I have a
          > number of menu items that wrap onto the next line.
          > When one of the menu items on the top is selected, it opens a list of
          > submenu items. When the mouse is moved over one of these, if it
          > happens to be on top of a menu item on the bottom row, the focus moves
          > on to the menu item on the bottom row. (did i explain that clearly?)
          >
          > Anyway, does anyone know how to prevent the selected menu item list
          > from losing focus in this case?
          >
          > Any help would be appreciated!! Thanks!

        • Gopal Venkatesan
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 1, 2007
            On Thu, Nov 01, 2007 at 10:51:24AM -0000, grim_coder wrote:
            > Or, does anyone know how to enable a "nowrap" or "keep menu items on
            > one row" option?

            Did you try adding a "white-space: nowrap" rule to the "yuimenuitem"
            class?

            --
            Gopal Venkatesan

            http://gopalarathnam.com/weblog/
          • grim_coder
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 2, 2007
              Didn't work...
              Oh well, guess it doesn't matter - everything else works.