Re: [ydn-javascript] YUI Datatable and .NET

    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 31, 2007
      From: "Joe Crawford" <joe@...>
      To: <ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Thursday, November 01, 2007 12:32 AM
      Subject: Re: [ydn-javascript] YUI Datatable and .NET

      > On 10/31/07, joaon.rodrigues <joaon.rodrigues@...> wrote:
      >> I'me trying to use YUI Datatable as a Presentation to XML Data
      >> generated by an aspx page. The server side needs parameters passed
      >> from the client to produce the XML.
      >> I don't want to use QueryString's in the URL .
      >>
      >> How can i pass parameters from the client and collect those parameters
      >> using server side code in the aspx page ?
      >
      > I believe you do the same thing you would normally do, but you need to
      > set up the DataSource such that it uses POST instead of GET:
      >
      > See:
      > http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/docs/YAHOO.util.DataSource.html
      >
      > I believe you need to set:
      > YAHOO.util.DataSource.connMethodPost = true;
      >
      > I am not sure about the details here. I'm not certain when making the
      > call to the datasource how the POST parameters (assuming you want to
      > be able to pass paramters to your aspx page) are passed along.

      On a POST request is when the initialRequest configuration argument becomes
      important. The URL is the one that goes into the first argument on the
      instantiation of the DataSource, the parameters that should go on the POST
      request go into initialRequest. For a GET request, both parts simply get
      concatenated into the URL and people often wonder what's the point in having
      the URL split in two places. In a POST request is where it makes a
      difference.

      Satyam