YAHOO.util.Connect.asyncRequest does not clear form data

  • Eric
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 31, 2007
      In debugging a new issue, it became apparent to me that in making
      multiple calls to asyncRequest, the internal form data is not cleared
      between requests.

      I believe this to be a bug. Can this be confirmed?

      I am using version 2.3.1
    • Eric
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 31, 2007
        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Eric" <ejmalone@...> wrote:

        > In debugging a new issue, it became apparent to me that in making
        > multiple calls to asyncRequest, the internal form data is not cleared
        > between requests.
        >
        > I believe this to be a bug. Can this be confirmed?
        >
        > I am using version 2.3.1

        Expansion on my original note:

        I have a page that receives html forms via AJAX. I need to let users
        enter data into the forms and submit them via AJAX.

        On this page, in one instance I'm using the YAHOO.util.Connect.setForm
        function to build a query string for a POST that is occurring on the
        form that has a submit listener. i.e.

        YAHOO.util.Event.addListener( someForm, 'submit', submitListener );

        function submitListener( e )
        {
        var postData = YAHOO.util.Connect.setForm( this );
        YAHOO.util.Connect.asyncRequest( this.method, this.action,
        someCallback, postData );
        }

        On the same page, asyncRequest is called to make GET requests, but
        since I used setForm, that form data remains populated.

        I would imagine the best thing that can happen is 1. the function
        resetFormState become a public function, and commented more
        deliberately so that people don't make this mistake, 2. the examples
        on the YAHOO.util.Connect page describe this necessity.
      • Eric Miraglia
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 31, 2007
          Eric,

          This sounds to me like the following issue:

          This issue will be addressed in the 2.4.0 release coming up in the first half of December.

          Regards,
          Eric

          Eric Miraglia
          Yahoo! User Interface Library

          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 31, 2007

            http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=1804153&group_id=165715&atid=836476

            > This issue will be addressed in the 2.4.0 release coming up in the
            > first half of December.
            >
            > Regards,
            > Eric

            Yes, that is the same issue. Thank you.
          • Caridy PatiƱo Mayea
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 1, 2007
              Hi Eric,

              Here is a temporary solution for this bug:

              Best Regards,
              Caridy (caridy at gmail.com)
              http://www.bubbling-library.com/