YUI Datatable and .NET

  • joaon.rodrigues
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 31, 2007
      I'me trying to use YUI Datatable as a Presentation to XML Data
      generated by an aspx page. The server side needs parameters passed
      from the client to produce the XML.
      I don't want to use QueryString's in the URL .

      How can i pass parameters from the client and collect those parameters
      using server side code in the aspx page ?
    • Joe Crawford
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 31, 2007
        On 10/31/07, joaon.rodrigues <joaon.rodrigues@...> wrote:
        > I'me trying to use YUI Datatable as a Presentation to XML Data
        > generated by an aspx page. The server side needs parameters passed
        > from the client to produce the XML.
        > I don't want to use QueryString's in the URL .
        >
        > How can i pass parameters from the client and collect those parameters
        > using server side code in the aspx page ?

        I believe you do the same thing you would normally do, but you need to
        set up the DataSource such that it uses POST instead of GET:

        See:
        http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/docs/YAHOO.util.DataSource.html

        I believe you need to set:
        YAHOO.util.DataSource.connMethodPost = true;

        I am not sure about the details here. I'm not certain when making the
        call to the datasource how the POST parameters (assuming you want to
        be able to pass paramters to your aspx page) are passed along.

        Joe
        --
        http://artlung.com/
        805-857-3951
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 31, 2007
          >> I'me trying to use YUI Datatable as a Presentation to XML Data
          >> generated by an aspx page. The server side needs parameters passed
          >> from the client to produce the XML.
          >> I don't want to use QueryString's in the URL .
          >>
          >> How can i pass parameters from the client and collect those parameters
          >> using server side code in the aspx page ?
          >
          > I believe you do the same thing you would normally do, but you need to
          > set up the DataSource such that it uses POST instead of GET:
          >
          > See:
          > http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/docs/YAHOO.util.DataSource.html
          >
          > I believe you need to set:
          > YAHOO.util.DataSource.connMethodPost = true;
          >
          > I am not sure about the details here. I'm not certain when making the
          > call to the datasource how the POST parameters (assuming you want to
          > be able to pass paramters to your aspx page) are passed along.

          On a POST request is when the initialRequest configuration argument becomes
          important. The URL is the one that goes into the first argument on the
          instantiation of the DataSource, the parameters that should go on the POST
          request go into initialRequest. For a GET request, both parts simply get
          concatenated into the URL and people often wonder what's the point in having
          the URL split in two places. In a POST request is where it makes a
          difference.

          Satyam