Re: [ydn-javascript] Is it possible to dynamically add a panel within a cell of a datatable

    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 31, 2007
      A formater function assigned to the column can put anything you want into a cell.  The formatter function receives a reference to the HTML cell, the Column and Record objects that intersect at that cell and the raw, unformatted value for the cell.  Nevertheless, I wonder if I really understand what is it you want.  I can't imagine full panels fitting in each cell, do you mean to have a panel popping up upon clicking on a cell? There is a thread going on about that.

      Sent: Wednesday, October 31, 2007 10:45 PM
      Subject: [ydn-javascript] Is it possible to dynamically add a panel within a cell of a datatable

      Hi,
      Is it possible to dynamically add a panel within a cell of a datatable? Based on certain criteria chosen within a page, I would like to insert a panel into the cell of a datatable. Sample code will be highly appreciated.

      Thanks,
      Amit.

    • j.elventails
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 31, 2007
        Hi Satyam,

        In the even that Amit is also referring to opening a panel
        from inside a datacell - could you point us to a full example if possible?

        Amit, here's the thread I opened that's also related:

        Best,

        > A formater function assigned to the column can put anything you want
        into a cell. The formatter function receives a reference to the HTML
        cell, the Column and Record objects that intersect at that cell and
        the raw, unformatted value for the cell. Nevertheless, I wonder if I
        really understand what is it you want. I can't imagine full panels
        fitting in each cell, do you mean to have a panel popping up upon
        clicking on a cell? There is a thread going on about that.

        > Satyam

        30/10/2007 18:26

        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 1, 2007
          I just made this one: