Is it possible to dynamically add a panel within a cell of a datatable

  • Amit Mondal
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 31, 2007
      Is it possible to dynamically add a panel within a cell of a datatable? Based on certain criteria chosen within a page, I would like to insert a panel into the cell of a datatable. Sample code will be highly appreciated.

      Thanks,
      Amit.

      http://mail.yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 31, 2007
        A formater function assigned to the column can put anything you want into a cell.  The formatter function receives a reference to the HTML cell, the Column and Record objects that intersect at that cell and the raw, unformatted value for the cell.  Nevertheless, I wonder if I really understand what is it you want.  I can't imagine full panels fitting in each cell, do you mean to have a panel popping up upon clicking on a cell? There is a thread going on about that.

        Sent: Wednesday, October 31, 2007 10:45 PM
        Subject: [ydn-javascript] Is it possible to dynamically add a panel within a cell of a datatable

        Hi,
        Is it possible to dynamically add a panel within a cell of a datatable? Based on certain criteria chosen within a page, I would like to insert a panel into the cell of a datatable. Sample code will be highly appreciated.

        Thanks,
        Amit.

      • j.elventails
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 31, 2007
          Hi Satyam,

          In the even that Amit is also referring to opening a panel
          from inside a datacell - could you point us to a full example if possible?

          Amit, here's the thread I opened that's also related:

          Best,

          > A formater function assigned to the column can put anything you want
          into a cell. The formatter function receives a reference to the HTML
          cell, the Column and Record objects that intersect at that cell and
          the raw, unformatted value for the cell. Nevertheless, I wonder if I
          really understand what is it you want. I can't imagine full panels
          fitting in each cell, do you mean to have a panel popping up upon
          clicking on a cell? There is a thread going on about that.

          > Satyam

          30/10/2007 18:26

          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 1, 2007
            I just made this one: