YUI Autocomplete

  • alidadnsi
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 31, 2007
      Hi, I like the idea about YUI Autocomplete (access flat file data), I
      was wondering how do i can remove the (;) at the end of search field.

      for sample please go to search autocomplete at
      http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/autocomplete/ac_ysearch_flat.htm

      And type anyword and you see (;) at the end of word in the search text
      filed, i do not want to show that, how can i remove that!

      please help me. thanks.

      AM
    • Eric Miraglia
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 5, 2007
        AM,

        The semicolon in that example is the query delimiter -- a configurable character or set of characters that separates terms in an AutoComplete-enabled form supporting multiple entries (email to: and cc: fields are good examples of these).  When you select an item, the query delimiter is inserted for you so you can begin your next term.

        AutoComplete instances that do not support multiple entries do not have this behavior.

        For more on this, check out the AutoComplete Control User's Guide:

        Regards,
        Eric

        Eric Miraglia
        Yahoo! User Interface Library