hover over tooltip use autodismissdelay vs. hidedelay

  • Jack Bates
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 2007
      We recently added "more" links to some of our tooltips, which users can
      follow to get more information:

      var myTooltip = new YAHOO.widget.Tooltip('myTooltip', {
      context: 'myContextEl',
      text: 'Short info about this element. <a href="our/wiki_page">More...</a>'});

      For the most part this works great, except that when the user moves the
      pointer from the context element to the tooltip, the tooltip disappears
      in hidedelay milliseconds, which is not always enough time to click the
      "more" link.

      I wish that instead, when the pointer is over the tooltip, the tooltip
      disappears in autodismissdelay milliseconds. Anyone know how to achieve
      this?

      Thanks, Jack