Re: Vertical Slider problem

  • y_lsmith
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 31, 2007
      --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "fabi" <fabien.pigere@...> wrote:

      > I got a strange problem with my slider,when they are vertical (code is
      > 100% ok in horizontal...)
      > The problem is, i can have negative offset with vertical slider...
      >
      > it is a know issue?i did something bad?

      Fabi,

      The offset is calculated by referencing the slider thumb's current x,y
      position and comparing that to its starting position. offset values
      increase from left-to-right and top-to-bottom.

      To have a vertical slider that starts at the bottom, and increases
      value as it moves up, set the slide thumb's initial position

      #slide_thumb {
      position: absolute;
      bottom: 0;

      and invert the return from getYValue or the offset passed to the
      change event callback.

      slider.subscribe('change',function (offset) {
      offset *= -1; // makes values increase bottom-to-top
      });

      function myFunc() {
      var offset = -1 * slider.getYValue();

      Hope this helps,