Re: Changing Slider limits in Code

  • y_lsmith
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 31, 2007
      --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Ron" <rlf2004@...> wrote:

      > I have 2 sliders on a page. The values for Slider #1 remain constant.
      > The values and image for Slider #2 change based upon the selected
      > value of Slider #1. I am able to swap the slider background image
      > dynamically for Slider #2, but can't see how to dynamically set the
      > limits of slider #2. Is there a way to do this in code? I've tried
      > using the setXConstraint/setYConstrain methods, but that doesn't seem
      > to work. Basically, i need to set these limits in code on the fly...

      Ron,

      You may have been trying to setXConstraint on the slider itself. Try

      var slider = YAHOO.widget.Slider.getHorizSlider('bar','thumb',0,200);

      // Allow the Slider thumb to move 500px to the right
      slider.thumb.setXConstraint(0,500);

      Note the setXConstraint is called on the thumb.

      Hope this helps,
      Luke