Re: [ydn-javascript] Error: Easing.easeIn null or not an object

  • Alan Pinstein
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 30, 2007
      Heh I am dealing with this right now!

      Make sure that you've included the animation BEFORE including the container code.

      I recently upgraded from 2.2.2 to 2.3.1 and I was previously loading them out-of-order, but somehow things still worked.

      Now they break...

      I haven't got it fixed yet, but I am quite certain that's the problem. I can't quickly test because it's all integrated with my framework and I'm implementing YUILoader now...

      LMK if that fixes it for you.

      Alan

      On Oct 2, 2007, at 2:50 PM, Paola wrote:

      Hello,

      I need to display some news in a popup dialogue and I created a
      simple script that does it. The script executes successfully except
      when I want to add a fade effect to the display of the popup. In
      fact, in that case I get the JS exception

      'Easing.easeIn' is null or not an object"

      I cannot figure out exactly what is wrong since I am importing the
      libraries that I need for animation, yahoo-dom-event. js and
      animation.js.

      newsPanel = new YAHOO.widget. Dialog('newsPane l', {
      visible: false,
      close: true,
      height: '100px',
      width: '250px',
      x: thisX,
      y: 0,
      effect:{effect: YAHOO.widget. ContainerEffect. FADE,duration: 1}
      });

      Do you have any suggestion about what could be wrong?

      Thanks a lot!

      Paola