Re: [ydn-javascript] YUI Usage: DataTable: FreeStyle Street Basketball Leaderboards

  • Eric Miraglia
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 30, 2007
      Joe,

      Nice implementaiton!  Thanks for sharing this.

      Regards,
      Eric

      Eric Miraglia
      Yahoo! User Interface Library

      On Oct 29, 2007, at 7:53 PM, Joe Crawford wrote:

      Hey all:

      This is not publicly announced yet, but my DataTable implementation
      using YUI has soft launched. These are leaderboards (basically top
      scores in a variety of categories for the Windows download game
      FreeStyle Street Basketball).

      Under the hood it uses http://developer. yahoo.com/ yui/datatable/ and I
      emit JSON encoded data using SQL and PHP. It's pretty nifty, if I do
      say so myself. It's got some nice features for a leaderboard,
      including the ability to compare selected users (say, your pals).
      http://freestyle. sierraonline. com/leaderboards /

      The whole thing is in an iframe, which I'm not crazy about, but for
      various reasons it needs to stay in there, but I'm proud of it overall
      and I thought it might be worth a mention. I had joined the ydn group
      some months ago but unsubscribed since I didn't have a use for it. But
      I will have some other questions probably in the weeks to come.

      I've been very pleased to work with the YUI framework -- it made a lot
      of complicated problems easy. Nice work Yahoo!

      If you have questions about how it works or other comments feel free to ask.

      Joe Crawford
      --
      http://artlung. com/
      805-857-3951