Re: [ydn-javascript] Menu: custom submenu images

  • Todd Kloots
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 5, 2006
      Sorry -

      Just realized that I had a typo in my response. If
      you want different arrow images for your menu you'll
      have to modify the "IMG_ROOT" (OR "IMG_ROOT_SSL") of
      "MenuItem" not "Module":

      YAHOO.widget.MenuItem.prototype.IMG_ROOT = "/img/";

      YAHOO.widget.MenuItem.prototype.SUBMENU_INDICATOR_IMAGE_PATH
      = "arrow_right.gif";

      YAHOO.widget.MenuItem.prototype.SELECTED_SUBMENU_INDICATOR_IMAGE_PATH
      = "arrow_right_white.gif";

      Hope that helps.

      - Todd

      --- Todd Kloots <kloots@...> wrote:

      > You forgot "prototype":
      >
      > YAHOO.widget.Module.prototype.IMG_ROOT = "/img/";

      YAHOO.widget.MenuItem.prototype.SUBMENU_INDICATOR_IMAGE_PATH
      > = "arrow_right.gif";

      YAHOO.widget.MenuItem.prototype.SELECTED_SUBMENU_INDICATOR_IMAGE_PATH
      > = "arrow_right_white.gif";
      >

      > --- floatingcat2000 <floatingcat@...> wrote:
      >
      > > I'm trying to figure out a cleaner way to alter
      > the
      > > submenu images for
      > > the Menu widget. I realize that I can manually
      > alter
      > > the constants
      > > under menu.js, but I was hoping for a better way
      > > overload those
      > > values for instances where I want different images
      > > for multiple menus,
      > > possibly on the same page.
      > >
      > > I've tried to set the following before my creating
      > > the menu objects.
      > > Apparently they have no effect.
      > >
      > > YAHOO.widget.Module.IMG_ROOT = "/img/";
      > > YAHOO.widget.MenuItem.SUBMENU_INDICATOR_IMAGE_PATH
      > =
      > > "arrow_right.gif";

      YAHOO.widget.MenuItem.SELECTED_SUBMENU_INDICATOR_IMAGE_PATH

      http://us.click.yahoo.com/AHchtC/4FxNAA/yQLSAA/edFolB/TM