Autocomplete : IFrame height not updating on queries

  • radbradyah
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 5, 2006
      I was having trouble using an IFrame with autocomplete. The first
      query would intialize the IFrame correctly, covering any select
      dropdowns appropriately. As you continued to type, and subsequent
      queries updated the content div, and changed the height according to
      the results, the IFrame underneath the div didn't update its height
      to match. On lines 1322 - 1329 as shown below, where the IFrame is
      getting its height/width/marginTop set, this was setting it to 0 on
      subsequent queries.

      ***********************
      if (bShow && oContent && oIFrame) {
      var sDisplay = oContainer.style.display;
      oContainer.style.display = "block";
      oIFrame.style.width = oContent.offsetWidth;
      oIFrame.style.height = oContent.offsetHeight;
      oIFrame.style.marginTop = "-"+(oContent.offsetHeight + 25)
      +"px";
      oContainer.style.display = sDisplay;
      }
      ***********************

      I'm not sure why its getting set to 0 there, but to bypass the
      problem temporarily, I modified lines 1396+ to look accordingly:

      ***********************
      // Else don't animate, just show or hide
      else {
      this._bContainerOpen = bShow;
      oContainer.style.display = (bShow) ? "block" : "none";
      //*****Added to fix IFrame height update issue
      if( oIFrame) {
      oIFrame.style.height = oContainer.offsetHeight;
      oIFrame.style.width = oContainer.offsetWidth;
      }
      //*****End of addition
      // Call event on expand/collapse (overriden by client)
      ***********************

      I turned off animations so it wouldn't bypass this code section for
      the time being. I'd be interested to hear if anyone else is having
      similar issues, and if its something that may be in progress of
      being fixed. For the time being this fixed the problem for my
      limited use of the code, although I'm sure it doesn't cover all the
      bases, i.e. animations enabled.
    • jennykhan
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 29, 2006
        Thanks for pointing this out! It should be fixed in the next release.

        Regards,
        Jenny

        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "radbradyah" <radbradyah@...>